Victoria (BC) Canada. May 16 - June 14, 2008
1. How will the game board be set up in the space geographically? i.e. where on the game board are the North, South, East & West points?
The official game board downloadable from here has the NSEW coordinates marked on it. It will be positioned this way in the gallery.
2. How is the game board demarcated as to sides? Where is the division? How will we know which side is our side and which side is the opposing teams side? How is that decided?
Each team will be assigned a colour, either blue or brown prior to their scheduled match and will be posted on the Competition Schedule.
3. What happens if the candle is extinguished before any wax drips?
The official game board will be in a controlled environment within the gallery. Relighting of a candle prior to wax melting will be at the discretion of the referee of that specific match.
4. What happens if wax is dripped on both sides? How is that measured?
The measurment of the amount of wax in a certain part of the game board is to be determined by the referee.
5. How many referees are there?
There will be one official referee for each match.
6. What happens if it is a draw?
In the event of a draw, where it has been determined by the referee that there is an equal amount of wax on each competing teams portion of the game board, a re-play of that match will be organized to break the tie.
7. How will the referee's determine if a team is cheating?
The referee's will use their best judgment to follow up any suspicions of unfair game play.